Have you been looking for a good GW security review? If so, it’s probably because you’re looking for a security camera system that can protect your home or business.
Possibly, you’re looking for an alternative to some of the more famous security camera brands out there. But can it really measure up to those bigger names?
If you’re thinking about buying from GW, there are a few things you need to know first. How clear is their video? Are they difficult to set up? How much do their cameras cost? And how do they really measure up to their competition?
What Is GW Security?
GW is a security company that’s been in business since 2009. In that time, they’ve developed a reputation as a rising star in the security camera market.
They primarily specialize in CCTV products. This essentially means you can buy a set number of cameras from them and use them to monitor your premises. That makes them especially appropriate for business owners or homeowners with large properties.
They also have a very wide range of products and packages to choose from. These cameras come in all different shapes and sizes, so you shouldn’t have any trouble finding what you’re looking for.
Their bullet cameras and dome cameras are especially popular. We’ll take a closer look at some of their buying options later in this review.
What Else Should You Know In A GW Security Review?
Naturally, there are a few other important things you need to learn in a GW security review. Here are some more useful facts that can help you decide if one of their systems is right for you.
What Are Its Most Important Features?
No GW security review would be complete without a look at its key features. These guys do have a few things that set them apart from the competition.
One of their most important features is the fact that its cameras capture video in 5MP super 1920p HD. That means they’re capable of capturing extremely clear HD video. This is a major selling point for GW. Virtually every GW security review we researched mentioned how clear the video is.
Another useful feature is the fact that you can power an entire GW security system with just one ethernet cable. That way, you won’t have to buy a lot of extra power cables.
All you have to do is plug one cable to one camera. It simplifies the installation process tremendously. We’ll go into more detail on that in a moment.
Furthermore, GW has its own app that allows you to access your security system anywhere with your phone remotely. This lets you conveniently watch your videos anywhere, even if you’re at work or at school.
Finally, all bullet and dome cameras are equipped with IR LED inside the lens. These are capable of both nighttime and daytime viewing and are able to record up to 196 feet.
What Buying Options Do You Have?
GW security offers 14,500 different products in all. As such, you have a ton of different options to choose from when deciding how to protect your home or business best. Let’s take a closer look at a few of their more popular options.
One of these is its eight camera system with eight bullet cameras. Bullet cameras are the long, cylindrical-shaped cameras that you’re likely familiar with. Their main strength is the fact that they’re capable of recording long distances. Customers on Amazon have given this system 4.9 out of 5 stars.
Another option is the eight camera system with four bullet cameras and four dome cameras. The addition of the dome cameras might make this a more attractive choice for some.
The main advantage these have is that their shape makes it difficult to tell which way they’re pointing. This uncertainty could be enough to scare away potential criminals. This system has 4.4 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
If these don’t sound like they’re enough for you, you might consider buying the 16 camera system. This system comes with 16 bullet cameras in all. This option is most appropriate for people with very large properties that need a lot of coverage. If you only have a small home, it might be too much for you. This system also has 4.4 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
Again, these are just a few of the options available from GW. Browse their products page and see what they have to offer.
Is It Difficult To Install?
As you probably already know, some security systems are simply a pain to set up. Luckily, this is not an issue with GW systems.
In fact, every GW security review we looked at went out of their way to mention how easy it is to set up and use. Again, this is partially because of their simple ethernet setup. One cable is all you need to power the whole thing.
Another common theme in any GW security review is their customer service. In the rare moments when customers didn’t know what to do next, they were easily able to get a hold of someone who could show them the way. So even if you’re stuck, it’s not difficult to find help.
In case you ever need them, all of GW’s instruction manuals are available for download on their website.
How Much Does It Cost?
With all the different buying options available, it shouldn’t be any surprise that GW’s prices can vary quite dramatically. Their cameras can cost anywhere from $ to $$$.
Since their most popular products are their 8 and 16 channel systems, we’re going to focus on these. Their 8 channel camera systems cost between $ and $$$.
Meanwhile, their 16 channel camera systems will cost between $ and $$$. That might seem like a lot of money at first glance. However, it's actually fairly reasonable compared to similar systems.
You can buy GW security products online from Amazon or their official website.
How We Reviewed
For these reviews, we used Amazon and the products’ official websites as our main sources of information. Additionally, our opinions were largely informed by customer reviews from Amazon.
When reviewing these products, we focused on a few different things. These include main features, ease of use, reliability, and picture quality. Price was also a major factor in these reviews.
How Does It Compare To Other Security Camera Systems?
Of course, any good GW security review should also mention the competition. Let’s take a closer look at how GW compares to some of the other security camera systems out there.
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- 100 percent Wire free Free of power cords and wiring hasslesNight Vision
- 8 Digital Zoom
- Designed for Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2 and Arlo Security Lights;**For indoor use only**;Ideal for indoor environments to provide uninterrupted charging of your camera or security light's battery;Cable length: 10 ft. (3 M)
Arlo Pro is one of the biggest names in the security camera market. They set themselves apart by using completely wireless systems. Instead of wires, their cameras are powered by rechargeable batteries.
These cameras are also weatherproof, and they come equipped with night vision. Other features include two-way audio, advanced motion detection, and sirens that are triggered by motion.
Most customers loved the fact that Arlo Pro is completely wireless. They were also impressed with its long battery life, and they felt it was very easy to use and install.
However, there were a couple of common complaints as well. One is the picture quality. Many people simply felt the images were too blurry or pixelated. Also, several of them felt the motion detection was unreliable. It takes a few moments for it to actually begin recording.
Arlo Pro’s five camera system will cost between $ and $$$. That is more or less comparable to the price of GW’s security systems.
Their wireless capabilities are their main selling point. They’re worth considering if going wireless is important to you. If not, you should stick with
GW for the clearer pictures. Arlo Pro has 4.1 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately). Connectivity : 2.4GHz Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n)
- LET CANARY BE YOUR EYES AND EARS: The Canary All-in-One Home Security System is just what you've been looking for. Featuring a full HD 1080p camera with a 147-degree lens view, the Canary can see more or your home to help keep your mind at ease. The Canary also features high-quality sound recording, so you are not only able to see your home, but be able to hear what's going on.
- BUILT IN ALARM TO HELP SCARE OFF INTRUDERS: The Canary features a built in alarm system that reaches sound levels of 90+ decibels, that's the same noise level as a running lawn mower! The built in siren is perfect for scaring off unwanted visitors. sensors are 3-axis accelerometer, ambient light, capacitive touch
- GET UPDATES TO YOUR SMARTPHONE: Canary works using the wireless internet in your home. By connecting your phone to the Canary system, you will be able to receive immediate alerts when your camera notices movement and activity. Never be surprised by an unfortunate event with the Canary Home Security System.
- PERFECT FOR PET LOVERS: The Canary Home Security System is also a great tool for pet parents. Have you ever wondered what your cats do while you're away, or which of you dogs keeps getting into the trash? Well, now you can watch and find out. Set up your Canary camera near where your pet spends the most time and be able to keep an eye on them throughout the day.
Canary is another potential alternative for keeping your home safe. Their systems can be set up, so they monitor for activity when you’re away and stop recording while you’re at home. You can also schedule them to record while you’re sleeping.
Once activity is detected, it sends notifications straight to your phone. Then, you can choose to sound a 90-decibel siren or alert the police right away.
These cameras are weatherproof and use HD video.
Many customers loved how easy this camera system was to set up and install. They also felt the picture it provided was very clear.
Unfortunately, these systems have a number of shortcomings. For one, you have to pay a monthly subscription for several of its most important features.
Also, the motion detection is very unreliable. It won’t send you an alert until
the motion has actually stopped.
Canary’s two-camera system costs between $ and $$. This does make it a highly affordable option.
However, it leaves a lot to be desired as a security system. Unless you just need something to keep an eye on your pets, you should go with GW.
Customers have given Canary 3.1 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
- 4MP HD 100FT NIGHT VISION and WIDE VIEWING ANGLE: 4MP 1440p Super HD camera, long-distance night vision range 65-100ft with 18 infrared LEDs, up to 80˚ wide viewing angle, capture more clearer and sharper images and video, great for driveway, hallways, etc.
- POE OUTDOOR and INDOOR: PoE with only one Ethernet cable (up to 330ft), works with PoE switch,injector,NVR, no power adapter needed, easy setup with plug and play, waterproof camera, fit for indoor and outdoor, residential areas, retail store, business.
- SMART MOTION DETECT and ALERT: Schedulable Motion detection, motion recording and real-time motion alert via email, app push notification to mobile phone, FTP upload snapshots and videos, motion sensibility adjustment - accurate and smart motion detection less false alarm.
- FREE VERSITLE APPS and REMOTE VIEW: Free and intuitive Reolink Client and mobile app for iPhone and Android, PC Windows and MAC, no monthly subscription fee, support at least 8 camera sources, live view, remote view, motion detection, live stream control, and recorded video playback.
- SD Card or NVR RECORDING: Comes with SD card slot( SD card not included), support up to 64Gb micro SD card for recording. 24x7 HD video recording and storage with Reolink PoE network video recorders (support up to 16 cameras and with built-in 3TB HDD).
Reolink is another popular name in the security camera market. Like GW security, you can power it through ethernet with a single cable.
These cameras feature 24/7 recording and monitoring. You can also set them up to record during motion detection only which allows for longer recording. Once motion is detected, it alerts you through email and with their app. These cameras also feature high-quality night vision and easy video playback.
Many customers found these cameras to be a good value for the price. They loved how affordable they are, and they appreciated the crystal clear images.
However, there were many technical issues as well. Lots of customers had severe difficulty installing these cameras, and the customer service was not helpful in this regard. There were also several issues with cameras going out or not recording when they were supposed to.
Reolink’s four-camera system costs between $ and $$. Again, this makes it a very affordable choice.
That said, you could have a lot of technical problems with these systems. GW security tends to be much more reliable overall. This system has 3.5 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
GW Security Pros And Cons
As you’ve seen in this GW security review, these systems have a lot going for them. You get crystal clear video, simple ethernet connections, very easy setup, and great customer service. And of course, you get very competitive prices on top of this.
In truth, it’s difficult to find a negative GW security review. Complaints are relatively few and far between. However, there are rare instances of customers having technical problems.
These might include connectivity issues with the app or systems powering down and needing to be restarted. Also, some customers found the manuals to be a bit too brief and unexplanatory.
Is GW Security What You Need To Keep Your Family Safe?
Now that you’ve read this GW security review, you should have a good idea of what to expect from these cameras. Overall, they’re an excellent choice for anyone looking to protect their home or business.
These cameras are highly reliable, they provide extremely clear pictures, they’re easy to install, and their customer service is on another level. And as you’ve seen, they compare very favorably to similar brands. They’re a rising star in the security camera market for good reason.
The only thing that might potentially hold you back is the price. Depending on the specific package you choose, these systems can get pretty expensive.
If you plan to buy from GW, it’s important to be realistic about how many cameras you need. Keeping it small can potentially help you keep the price down. Other than that, GW is a very high-quality brand, and it might be exactly what you need to keep your family safe.
Do you use a security system we didn't mention? Have any experience with the ones we have? Tell us about it in the comments!
Last update on 2021-01-21 at 16:03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API